23 April . 2020
With Grove Gives, local charities benefit from each new home sold in The Grove Frisco
Every new home sold in The Grove Frisco not only brings a new neighbor; it also brings a $100 donation to one of 10 North Texas charities working to help kids, seniors, pets and many other members of our greater North Texas community.
These donations are the centerpiece of Grove Gives, The Grove Frisco’s innovative recognition program for area real estate agents.
With every new home sold in The Grove Frisco, the real estate agent chooses their favorite charity to receive a donation from Newland, the developer of The Grove Frisco. As we like to say to agents, it’s one way of “building a better community together, with your good name and our goodwill.”
Here’s a look at the nonprofit organizations that benefit from Grove Gives, and how they help make North Texas a better place for all to live in:
- Frisco ISD Education Foundation offers college scholarships for graduating Frisco ISD seniors, with over $7.2 million awarded to more than 6,300 students so far.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County works enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to reach their full potential, through the benefits of afterschool, summer and athletic programs.
- Women Empowering Women Foundation of Dallas provides empowerment, education and counseling programs to help women break the cycle of domestic violence and abuse.
- Frisco Family Services helps members of the Frisco and Frisco ISD community who have faced hunger, homelessness and other urgent needs, with programs focusing on improving quality of life and achieving self-sufficiency.
- Habitat for Humanity of Collin County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization whose goal is to “put God’s love into action by building homes and communities” and by advocating for fair housing policies.
- SPCA of Texas is the independent North Texas branch of the SPCA, operating two shelters and three spay/neuter clinics in Dallas and McKinney. Founded in 1938, SPCA of Texas adopts out more than 5,000 animals each year.
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County works to provide comprehensive and free services for 100 percent of child abuse and neglect cases in the county. Their goal is to be a catalyst for engaging the entire community to fight against child abuse.
- Meals on Wheels Collin County combats hunger and isolation among senior citizens by delivering hot, nutritious meals, along with basic pantry and personal hygiene items. For some seniors, the Meals on Wheels volunteer may be the only person they come into contact with that day.
- United Way of Collin County works to improve education, income and health for local citizens, through grants to local nonprofit groups working directly in their communities.
- American Heart Association is a national, Dallas-based organization fighting heart disease and stroke, the world’s No. 1 and No. 2 killers. Founded nearly 100 years ago, AHA has invested more than $4.5 billion in research, more than any other U.S. nonprofit.
Take a look at some of the donations that have been made so far through Grove Gives. We have always strongly recommended that homebuyers work with professional real estate agents, who offer invaluable guidance and expertise. With Grove Gives, now there’s one more reason.